Cheat Notes for the Weight Loss part of the book!
Measurement: NEVER COMPARE BEFORE-AND-AFTER RESULTS FROM DIFFERENT TOOLS
BMI – DEXA, BodPod or BodyMetrix
Scale if you want
Take before pictures
Four Principles of Failure-Proofing
- Make it conscious.
- Make it a game. Measurement = Motivation
- Make it competitive
- Make it small and temporary.
Rule #1: AVOID “WHITE” CARBOHYDRATES
Avoid any carbohydrate that is, or can be, white. The following foods are prohibited: all bread, rice (including brown), cereal, potatoes, pasta, tortillas, and fried food w breading.
Rule #2: EAT THE SAME FEW MEALS OVER AND OVER AGAIN
Mix and match from the folling list, constructing each meal with one pick from each of the three groups.
- Egg whites w 1-2 whole eggs for flavor (or, if organic 2-5 whole eggs, including yolks)
- Chicken breast or thigh
- Beef (preferably grass-fed)
- Black beans
- Pinto beans
- Red beans
- Mixed Vegetables (including broccoli, cauliflower, or other cruciferous vegetables)
- Sauerkraut, kimchee
- Green beans
Eat as much as you like of the above food items.
Meals are approximately four hours apart.
Must eat within 1 hour of when you wake. Preferably within 30 min. Try to eat within 1 hour of going to bed.
Rule #3: DON’T DRINK CALORIES
Drink massive quantities of water as much unsweetened tea, coffee (with no more than 2 tablespoons of cream: suggest using cinnamon instead, or other no-calorie beverages as you like. Do NOT drink milk (including soy), normal soft drinks, or fruit juice. Limit diet soft drinks to no more than 16 ounces per day. Wine is fine (red) up to two glasses of red per night, no more. No other alcohol.
Rule #4: DON’T EAT FRUIT
Only exceptions are tomatoes and avocados in moderation (no more than one cup or one meal per day.)
Rule #5: TAKE ONE DAY OFF PER WEEK
Recommends Saturdays as your Dieters Gone Wild day. Eat whatever you want. Drink whatever you want. Start the diet at least five days before your designated cheat day. Paradoxically, dramatically spiking caloric intak in this way once per week increases fat-loss by ensuring that your metabolic rate (thyroid function and conversion of T4 to T3, etc) doesn’t downshift from the extended caloric restriction.
Common Mistakes and Misunderstandings
MISTAKE #1: NOT EATING WITHIN ONE HOUR OF WAKING, PREFERABLY W/IN 30 MINUTES
MISTAKE #2: NOT EATING ENOUGH PROTEIN
Get at least 20 grams of protein per meal. This is absolutely most critical at breakfast.
MISTAKE #3: NOT DRINKING ENOUGH WATER
Make a special effort to drink more water on your cheat day.
MISTAKE #4: BELIEVING THAT YOU’LL COOK, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A BACHELOR
If you don’t normally cook, get canned and frozen food for the first few weeks.
MISTAKE #5: MISTIMING WEIGHINGS WITH YOUR MENSTRUAL CYCLE
Woman tend to retain much more water just before their periods. Ignore scale readings in the 10 days before menstruation.
MISTAKE #6: OVEREATING “DOMINO FOODS”: NUTS, HUMUS, PEANUTS ETC
MISTAKE #7: OVERCONSUMING ARTIFICIAL (OR “ALL-NATURAL”) SWEETENERS
MISTAKE #8: HITTING THE GYM TOO OFTEN.
Over training leads to over eating.
DAMAGE CONTROL: Preventing Fat Gain When You Binge
PRINCIPLE #1 MINIMIZE THE RELEASE OF INSULIN, A STORAGE HORMONE.
- Ensure that your first meal of the day is not a binge meal and has at least 30 grams of protein.
- Consume a small quantity of fructose, fruit sugar, in grapefruit juice before second meal.
- Use supplements that increase insulin sensitivity: AGG (part of PAGG).
- Consume citric juices, whether lime juice squeezed into water, lemon juice on food.
PRINCIPLE #2 INCREASE THE SPEED OF GASTRIC EMPTYING, OR HOW QUICKLY FOOD EXITS THE STOMACH
Bingeing is a rare circumstance where you want the food (or some of it) to pass through the gastrointestinal tract so quickly that its constituent parts aren’t absorbed well.
Accomplish this primarily through caffeine and yerba mate tea. Also the supplement “Athletic Greens” will help.
PRINCIPLE #3: ENGAGE IN BRIEF MUSCULAR CONTRACTION THROUGHOUT THE BINGE.
Airsquates, wall presses, chest pulls with elastic band. Do 60-90 secs ideally abut 90 min after you eat
THE FOUR HORSEMEN OF FAT-LOSS
Policosanol: 20-25 mg
Alpha-lipoic acid: 100-300 mg
Green tea flavanols with at least 325 mg EGCG
Garlic extract: 200 mg
Daily PAGG intake is timed before meals and bed.
Prior to breakfast: AGG
Prior to lunch: AGG
Prior to dinner: AGG
Prior to bed: PAGG
Take one day off each week and one week off every two months. This week of is critical.
Mastering Temperature to Manipulate Weight
- Place an ice pack on the back of next or upper trapezius are for 20-30 min preferably in the evening, when insulin sensitivity is the lowest.
- Consume, at least 500 milliliters of ice water on an empty stomach immediately upon waking.
- Take 5-10 minute cold showers before breakfast and/or bed. Use hot water for 1-2 min over entire body lather. then turn the water to pure cold and rinse your head and face. alone. Turn around and back into the wather, focusing water on your lower neck
and upper back. Maintain this position for 1-3 min as you acclimate and apply soap to all other nessary regions.
- If you can tolerate it 20 min baths that induce shivering.
EAT within 1 hour of waking and 1 hour of bed.
Printable Cheat Sheet!